IIt looks like 2021 has passed at the speed of light after the year we’ve had before, when the world slowed down as we moved through the pandemic. For many businesses, this year was about making up for lost time, reconnecting with customers and employees, and restoring a healthy business. As we approach the end of another year, now is a great time to catch your breath and slow down, and start thinking about your goals for the New Year. Here are 10 tips to make sure you get a good start when the clock strikes 12.
- Dust off your business plan. Once a business plan is created, it can often be overlooked or forgotten when times are busy. Before the end of the year, take the time to review your plan and determine if you’ve gone off the rails or need to make changes.
- Set New Year’s resolutions. Set a New Year’s resolution for your business. It can be something as simple as hiring new team members, improving company culture, improving your online presence, etc.
- Launch a new product. Consider launching a new product or service in 2022 to increase the momentum of your business.
- Consider hiring needs. A new year means new needs; it may mean it’s time to reassess your current staffing plan and determine if you need additional support. Also assess your current employees and see if you can promote from the inside out.
- Reinvest in your business. With year-end numbers available, now is a great time to assess your financial situation and reinvest in your business. Check out your top-grossing items, make renovations, and reinvest your money in places that you think will benefit your business.
- Get organized. Now that employees are back in the office, things can turn ugly and be different. Start the New Year by cleaning up and organizing your space. This can make everything easier to find and increase productivity, especially when you come back from vacation. It will also invigorate your team.
- Learn something new. Check if there are any new certifications or courses you can take while on vacation. These courses can teach you valuable lessons that can help you be successful in future business developments.
- Discover your digital presence. An easy way to start the New Year is to invest time in your digital presence. I bring this topic home in many of my columns, as it’s crucial for business owners to keep up with the growing digital world. Take more time each week to post on social media, send emails, or build your website.
- Start networking. Start your next year by building your network. An easy way to do this is to be active on LinkedIn and connect with others within your industry.
- Find time for yourself. This has been an extremely busy year for everyone, and you maybe worked 80 hours a week just to get things done, so it’s important that you make time for yourself while on vacation. Making sure you’re rested and recharged can ensure you can put your footing on a better footing in 2022.
Lisa Lovallo is the Southern Arizona Market Vice President for Cox Communications.