CM14 Brentwood / Chelmsford / Cambridge
Territorial coverage (postal codes): AL, CB, CM, DA, EN, IG, RM, SE, SG, SS.
Royal Canin® is the premier premium pet food segment on Mars and everything we do is driven by our passion for the health and well-being of every cat and dog. At Royal Canin®, one of our main goals is to ensure that we feed more cats and dogs through the implementation of our Nutrition 360 program.
By serving more pets, you will generate growth that we are proud of.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing the Royal Canin® strategy to develop sales and distribution and deliver territory sales in accordance with the veterinary pillar strategy.
This role is essential for building relationships within the veterinary market with clinic clients, leveraging flexible sales approaches and co-creation solutions to not only increase their nutritional sales, but also help vets generate mutual health benefits through nutritional outcomes. Your good knowledge of the industry and your ability to build collaborative relationships with clients will help you be successful in this role.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, specialization in animal medicine and animal sciences is desirable
- Proven experience in regional sales or in a sales function is desirable
- Knowledge of the veterinary field is highly desirable
- Two years of professional experience in related companies in the pet industry is desirable
- Results driven, customer and consumer focused sales and distribution, proactive with an action bias and strong presentation and communication skills
- Computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) to support effective analysis and management of territory sales
- For travel needs, must live in the territory or be prepared to relocate
What will your main responsibilities be?
- Educate veterinary staff on nutrition by being an expert in knowledge of veterinary products and using available training tools
- Ensure the sharing of best practices by collaborating with associates from all pillars and markets
- Responsible for generating profitable growth in their sales territory
- Effective sales coverage including pre-call planning with defined goals and delivery of sales coverage model goals (frequency of visits, level of service, etc.)
- Identify new business opportunities and prospects
- Represent the brand at events internal and external to the company (for example: trade shows, seminars and conferences), including overnight stays, as required
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the local market (competitors, new customers, etc.) and proactively support the line manager, marketing and KAMs with market intelligence
- Implement, support and report on the deployment of the key account strategy in the territory by liaising with key account managers and implementing service level agreements for the accounts
- Develop tailor-made joint business plans with clients and drive their execution while engaging with all clinic staff to generate mutual benefits and market penetration
- Coordinate with other roles in the field (digital services, science communication) to better support clients
- Experience our Culture in Mars, Royal Canin
What can you expect from Mars?
- A competitive salary of £ 26,847 to £ 33,559 depending on experience. On top of that, a package of benefits that includes a company bonus, sales incentive, competitive pension plan, private medical care, company car, fuel card, meal and travel allowance. food for 2 pets.
- Work with over 130,000 talented and like-minded associates around the world, all guided by the Five Principles.
- Join a purposeful company, where we strive to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Top-notch learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, origin national, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or accommodation during the application process due to a disability, it is available upon request. The company is happy to provide such assistance and no requester will be penalized as a result of such request.