Posted on September 23, 2021 at 2:45 p.m.
The Palmerton-area school district accepted the resignation of its business manager Ryan Kish on Tuesday evening.
Kish, who started with Palmerton in January 2016, was hired last month by the Northwestern Lehigh School District for the same position.
“Although my decision to leave was not an easy one, I am excited about the new challenges and the opportunity for continued professional growth,” said Kish. “My goal was to leave the district in a better financial position than when I started and I can say with confidence that I have accomplished this. Today, I am proud to say that the Palmerton area school district is better off financially than any other school in the county.
While Kish’s resignation was effective August 19, Palmerton can retain him for 90 days from that date, depending on his contract with the district.
Kish’s contract with Northwestern, which asks him to earn $ 127,500, goes into effect on November 22.
His current five-year contract with Palmerton began on July 1, 2019, by which time he was expected to earn $ 96,400, with a 2% increase each year.
“Over the past six years, I have had the honor and privilege to serve this district and this community and have done my best to make a positive impact here,” Kish added. “I am grateful for the opportunity to work with such great staff, students and community members. “
Palmerton has announced its chief commercial officer and, according to the job posting on its website, is accepting applications until September 27.
Qualified applicants, states of assignment, must have a Bachelor of Science degree or a degree in finance, accounting or commerce; a minimum of five years of experience in public education; and experience in managing service-oriented programs.
Other board approvals included:
• Angela Rivera hired as an elementary teacher, third grade, SS Palmer Elementary. at $ 46,750.
• Hired JoLynn Gazo as a gifted, long-term substitute secondary librarian / teacher at an annual salary of $ 46,750 pro rata effective October 13, 2021, through the remainder of the 2021-2022 school year.
• Hired Amanda Cappella to teach five hours per week of home schooling at the rate of $ 33 per hour until the end of the first semester of the 2021-22 school year.
• Ryan Schulz as a back-up cafeteria employee at the rate of $ 10 per hour.
• Brianna Bush resigned as a Grade 3 elementary teacher at SS Palmer Elementary School.
• Eileen Heiney retires as a food service worker effective December 3rd.
• Miranda Allen as Chair of the Curriculum Advisory Board for High School Art / Music / Technical Education for the 2021-2022 school year with a stipend of $ 1,756.