Guinness was founded in 1890, so we’ve been providing homes and services for over 130 years. We are proud of our heritage and excited about our future. Our reason for being here has not changed: to improve people’s lives and create opportunities for them. We are committed to providing great homes and service to our customers across the country.
You will be joining the Guinness development team during a very exciting time. We have forecast growth that includes delivering 1,000 to 1,500 new homes per year, equaling our goal of delivering 5,500 total new homes across all tenures by 2025.
About the role
We now have the opportunity for a new Commercial Director to join our Northern Development team. Working in South Yorkshire and Derbyshire, reporting to the New Business Manager, you will identify and secure new housing opportunities for rent, condominium and outright sale.
The team is dynamic, fast-paced and business-focused in its approach. We are looking for experienced and talented development professionals who share our vision and values to join this ambitious team and help us deliver on our exciting new build program.
This is a work hybrid (2 days office, 3 days work from home), full time, 12 month contract opportunity and would suit candidates who have previous experience in housing development – especially in the acquisition of land, the planning process and the first management of the schemes.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social housing and housing development with a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done. Ideal candidates will have a strong track record in identifying, developing and delivering a range of new housing opportunities. You will also be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent knowledge of the social or speculative housing market and proven experience in identifying new business opportunities, land and property acquisition.
- Understanding of the national development agenda with current and working knowledge of housing development/provision including relevant legislation and regulations.
- Knowledge and experience in budget and project management.
- Proven experience in project management and performance management of external parties and leading, managing and motivating the project team.
- A good understanding of funding models with the ability to provide credible feasibility analysis to the management team.
- Experience and understanding of social housing legislation and regulations, including health and safety, risk management, and environmental and sustainability issues.
- University degree (or relevant professional equivalent)
If you are interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the job profile to see all key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
The Guinness Partnership is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for all colleagues and individual applications are encouraged regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Closing date of the announcement: wednesday 4and May at midnight