TikTok is a social media or rather a video platform that went viral in 2018. As a Millennial or GenZ individual, chances are you’ve heard of TikTok or even posted a video on it. But did you know that TikTok is a great way to grow your business and target more buyers? Especially for a young entrepreneur as tech-savvy as you are.
For those who do not know what TikTok is, discover the platform in the article. Check out the best ways to use it to promote your business below.
Step 1: Explore the market
Yes, there is a high probability that competitors are already using the platform. Once you’ve answered your burning question on “Can I get a professional order for a trial run?” PaperWriter just before the exam, move on. Your essay is ready, so why not spend some time plotting against your competition? I laugh. Stay friendly.
How to explore TikTok as a marketing strategy?
- Create a TikTok account for your business;
- Research your potential competitors and analyze the content they publish. You will be surprised at the number of videos that can be created;
- Analyze the content of your competitors. How do they promote their products? How do they interact with the audience? Do they become personal with clients? ;
- Check out the TikTok Music Library. You can download songs, remix them and add them to your videos;
- After a thorough analysis of the platform, you will get an idea of what your videos should look like.
Step 2: Videos That Sell
Still feeling confused about what content your account should focus on? Check out the list of ideas for your videos below. But before reading the suggestions, remember the main rule of TikTok. The content should be engaging, funny and creative. No more boring business presentations at your last workplace.
- Be personal. TikTok users love personal stories. In turn, a personal story elicits a strong emotional response, which makes the viewer want to ask for more. Tell things about yourself or create a full story of how you started your business;
- Story time. Yes, TikTok users love well-written stories. The latter might not even be business related, but if the stories evoke raw emotion, use them. Whatever your business, everyone would love to see and hear how you saved a stray cat;
- Dogs and cats. TikTok is a pet grooming salon’s paradise. Everyone loves cute animals. Have an animal? Make a video about it or take it to the office with you;
- Product creation. Show users how you choose a fabric for this amazing garment and how you create the item later;
- Show TikTokers how to use your product. Designed a bag? Choose a few matching outfits and show how the bag pockets can be used;
- Charity. If your business donates money or products to local shelters, film the process.
Step 3: hashtags
Yes, you are not out of fashion if you decide to use hashtags. In fact, the right hashtags sell well on TikTok. All of these Millennials and GenZ click hashtags to access the content they love and the products they need.
Use your hashtags wisely.
- Respect users. Don’t use hashtags that are popular but unrelated to your business. You don’t want to look like a fraudster, do you?
- Competitors again. Check what hashtags other businesses in your niche are using;
- Your customers. Ask them to add hashtags leading to your business account every time they post a video about your product. This is particularly effective when it comes to fashion items. People love to create outfits and make videos about them.
Step 4: When the ad is never old
Like YouTube and any other video platform, TikTok is an open space for business battles. Use the ads to be a winner.
- Common additions. You can post a commercial ad that will appear between the user’s videos. However, TikTokers can easily scroll down your ad;
- Opening announcement. This option is reserved for privileged companies. Your ad will appear on the main page of the user’s account as soon as they log in;
- Hashtag Challenge Ads. Occasionally, TikTok organizes challenges to promote businesses. Be sure to check out the Discover page from time to time.
Step # 5: Show Your Creative Side
TikTok is not a place for business meetings or high sales. Remember this when creating a video. On the other hand, TikTok inspires your inner child to play, create and have fun.
- Add music. You can choose any song from the app’s library and lip-sync it or just add it to the video for the cover;
- Take part in TikTok singing challenges. Hit the highest note of Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance” or sing “Into the Thick of It” acapella. Your subscribers will be delighted to know more about your hidden talents;
- Add effects. Filters are a great way to highlight or hide specific parts of the video;
- Dance Dance Dance! TikTok is a space to explore your creativity and build authentic relationships with audiences. You don’t need to be a professional dancer to participate in the dance challenges. Have fun!
Step 6: What not to do on TikTok
Some users may break TikTok rules and post disrespectful content. You might be the nicest person, but a bad reputation is no good for the company. How to avoid the pitfalls?
- Boredom. The last thing TikTokers wants to see is a long business meeting from Google. Wipe off that serious face! And no product presentations with statistics – they will easily put your audience to sleep;
- Children. TikTok parents are eager to tap their kids for more views. However, children cannot give permission because they are under full parental supervision. So before invading your child’s privacy, ask him if he wants to be filmed;
- Foreigners. The same rule of confidentiality applies to people you meet on the street or in the queue at a supermarket. You don’t want them chasing you, do you?
TikTok is a rewarding marketing tool if you use it right. Let out your inner child, add some humor, and you are good to go! Remember, TikTok is not a high selling platform. Rather, it’s a way to emotionally engage with your potential audience and allow yourself to refresh yourself at the end of a busy week.
We hope you have found the article useful. For more information on TikTok, check out their official platform. Good luck!