A woman accused of stealing more than $350,000 from one of Melbourne’s most prestigious selective schools will plead guilty, telling a court she accepted responsibility “from day one”.
- The 65-year-old faces charges dating back to 2012
- Walshe told court she took responsibility ‘from day one’
- A total of $358,512 was stolen by the ex-entrepreneur
Frances Walshe, 65, appeared in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday where she faced 17 charges dating back to 2012 when she was business manager at Melbourne High School in South Yarra.
But on Wednesday, her lawyers revealed she had managed to reach a settlement with prosecutors who, in turn, dropped six charges against her.
Walshe pleaded guilty to stealing $358,512 from the school.
Charge sheets released by the court reveal that she defrauded the school of approximately $77,000 by altering invoice details.
His lawyer, Anna Balmer, told the court on Wednesday that her client’s case had been “resolved”.
Walshe pleaded via video link from his home in Morwell.
“Are you pleading guilty or not guilty?” asked magistrate Stephen Ballek.
“Guilty, your honor,” Walshe said.
“And I have since day one,” she said.
Walshe will face a pre-sentence hearing in county court in February.