About the Broadcasters Foundation of America
The mission of the Broadcasters Foundation of America is to improve the quality of life and maintain the personal dignity of men and women in the broadcast and television profession who find themselves in acute need. For more than 70 years, the Foundation has provided financial support to professionals in the broadcasting industry who have faced devastating circumstances. We reach out across the country to provide an anonymous safety net in the event of serious illness, advanced age, death of a spouse, accident, natural disaster or other serious misfortune. The Broadcasters Foundation of America is a 501 (c) (3) public charity based in New York City, and it is the only charity dedicated exclusively to helping broadcasters in need. The staff consists of four full-time employees and one part-time employee. The foundation’s board of directors is made up of top broadcast professionals who have achieved tremendous success in radio and television and wish to give back to the broadcast community.
Expectations (report to co-chairs)
• Commit to 3 days a week, ideally in the office, a certain flexibility open to discussion
• Oversee cash flow for grants, general ledger activities, insurance and payroll functions
• Provide monthly income statements, balance sheets and other financial reports for monthly executive committee and board meetings
• Review and approve event contracts throughout the year
• Preparation of monthly and annual budgets
• Provide appropriate information to the external auditors and assist in the final preparation of the year-end financial statements
• Minimum of 4 years of general business accounting
• Understanding of the SAGE accounting system highly desirable
• Non-profit experience preferred
• Proficiency in payroll processing (ADP) and financial statements
• Ability to converse with MF management, 9a-5p EST (flexibility to discuss)
• Ability to communicate with high level members of the Board of Directors
The salary is negotiable.
References will be checked and a background check will be performed prior to hiring.
Broadcasters Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested in finding out more? Contact Tim McCarthy [email protected]