- Exciting and rare opportunity to join a new research training center awarded by the Australian Research Council (ARC) Industrial Transformation Training Centers program
- Level 8, full-time appointment on a 12 month fixed term basis
- Base salary scale: $103,364 – $112,981 per year plus 17% retirement pension
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of Australia’s prestigious group of eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research experience, a dynamic campus and working environments, backed by the freedom to “innovate and inspire”, there’s no better time to join the best university in Western Australia.
About the team
The ARC Training Center for Next Generation Technologies in Biomedical Analytics, led by Associate Professor Killugudi Swaminatha-Iyer, will provide a trained workforce to develop transformative technologies that will rapidly expand the pharmaceutical, diagnostic and defense sector Australian.
The center will increase Australia’s manufacturing capacity by accelerating screening and integrating 3D printing, advanced sensing, big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence to deliver optimal solutions in diagnosis, treatment and well-being.
About the Opportunity
Reporting directly to Associate Professor Swaminatha-Iyer, you will provide a streamlined business capability that encourages the translation of knowledge from the UWA Education Center into real changes in industry and government, contributing to UWA’s revenue goals and the integration with external partners.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant higher degree or demonstrated equivalent competence
- Experience in the production and management of digital content, advertising material and websites
- Experience in effective office management and practices, with the ability to identify gaps and implement effective administrative systems and practices
- Experience in basic financial reports and budget summaries
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to research and write reports
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to long-term planning and strategic direction at an influential level
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
This position will require you to hold a valid Class “C” driver’s license and provide your own vehicle. There will occasionally be interstate and intrastate travel.
You will possess high quality customer service in an external engagement and demonstrate an ability to work independently, show initiative and lead a team. You will also have excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
About your application
You must address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For more information to help you compile statements to meet the selection criteria, please see Meeting the Selection Criteria.
Closing Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2022
To inquire about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Killugudi Swaminatha-Iyer via email [email protected]
This position is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child-friendly areas on campus, including daycares. Flexible work arrangements, part-time schedules and job sharing will all be considered
- UWA was awarded bronze employer status for being one of the top ten employers for LGBTI inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI-2021)
- UWA also received Athena Swan Bronze accreditation in 2020
Help and support
UWA is committed to inclusive recruitment and will be happy to tailor the recruitment process to your accessibility needs. If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact [email protected] quoting the 6-digit job reference number and type of communication you prefer, and a member of our team will contact you. to discuss your requirements.