Deadline: varies by country
Applications for the ClimateLaunchpad: Green Business Ideas Competition 2022 are now open. ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest competition for green business ideas. The contest is your ticket to global success. Provided you have a green business idea and have what it takes to become an entrepreneur.
Innovation and invention can pave the way to a clean future. That’s why they create a stage for people with great cleantech ideas and help them grow those ideas into startups with global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is part of Climate-KIC’s entrepreneurship offerings.
These themes will be the pitching streams for the teams in the Regional Finals and World Grand Final.
The themes are:
- Adaptation and resilience
- Circular economies
- Urban solutions
- Clean energy
- Sustainable mobility
- Food systems
- blue economy
- The next big thing
- The overall winner of the global grand final receives €10,000, the second place wins €5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins €2,500.
- The top 16 teams selected by the Semi-Final Jury to perform in the Global Grand Final Final will automatically gain direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator.
- Anyone with a promising cleantech idea and dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join.
- You can be a new start-up, an SME, a researcher, a student, a public body, a consultant, an engineer, a combination of the above or something that does not correspond to a job title. Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan ready. They will help you reinforce your plan or teach you how to create one.
- You can only submit your application in your own country.
You can only apply in your own country and you can only participate if:
- You have not yet created a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal person has not existed for more than 1 year);
- Your new business has attracted less than €200,000 in total funding (this includes all funding, such as grants, government loans, angel and/or VC investments, etc.)
- You have not yet sold any products, solutions, or prototypes on commercial terms.
How the contest works
Once you are accepted to participate in the competition, the games begin:
- Step 1: Boot Camp: The best teams chosen by their national leaders participate in the national ClimateLaunchpad program which starts with a multi-day digital Boot Camp. Their trainers will teach you everything you need to know about starting your business.
- Step 2: Intensive Coaching and National Finals: The Boot Camp is followed by an intensive coaching period. You will perfect your pitch, your value proposition and your business model. After that, you are ready to rock your National Finals where you will digitally pitch a National Jury.
- Step 3: Regional Finals: The top teams from each country advance to the regional finals where they face off against the best and brightest in the region. The creme de la creme is chosen to participate in the grand global digital final.
- Stage 4: World Grand Final: The best teams in the world compete on the international stage.
You can only access ClimateLaunchpad in your own country. Apply by completing the application form for which you will answer questions such as the problem you are solving and the climate impact you expect to have. No need for a business plan at the moment. They will help you reinforce your plan or teach you how to create one.
For more information, see the FAQ and visit Climate Launchpad.